K.D. Ebert & Sons Holdings (Pvt) Ltd is one of the leading Construction Company of Sri Lanka. We fully understand the severity of pollution generated by construction processes and therefore we are fully committed to reduce all the significant environmental impacts resulting from our activities, products and services by incorporating recycle, recover and reuse options to provide a better, cleaner and safer environment for sustainable development. To achieve our goals we are putting our best efforts for success establishment, implementation and maintenance of Environmental Management System (EMS) according to International Standard ISO 14001:2015.
We are committed to;
- Serve as a role model in environmental management by:
- Fulfilling its Compliance obligations under all National and International Standards and regulations that are applicable to the operations of K.D. Ebert & Sons Holdings (Pvt) Ltd.
- Minimising the adverse impacts of K.D. Ebert & Sons Holdings (Pvt) Ltd ., own operations on the environment through resource conservation, pollution preservation and control, and the ecological waste management;
- Introducing green procurement by adhering to life-cycle thinking in availing products and services from suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Adhere to the of good principles of good environmental governance through transparency, accountability, and participatory decision making;
- Encourage other sectors to practice and promote sustainable Environment and Natural Resources (ENR) through sound ENR policies and regulations;
- Strengthen partnerships and collaborative mechanisms with other organisations of the similar industry, government agencies, Banks, Governments of Ministries, Authorities, and Departments, business sectors, members of civil society, the public and other external parties to consider their needs and expectations;
- Conduct an effective information, education and communication program for all stakeholders, including its top management, officials, and employees, to heighten environmental awareness and responsibility;
- Implement emergency preparedness and response program to provide safe and healthy work environmental;
- Aim for continual improvement in the practice of environmental management in KDEH through periodic management reviews of environmental performance based on effective monitoring and risk assessment system.